My animation project is gaining bit weight. While working, I constantly come up with new ideas where to lead this project, and with this rate I’ll have full featured short movie…
Here’s the latest progress. Continue reading
My current far more complicated project is full featured short animation that places in a dark neglected space station inspired by Solaris (1972) and Space odyssey 2001.
I am making and improving this project as it progress and as I learn more. Continue reading
I found new hobby in form of 3D models. I have previously tested blender, but have not done anything productive with it. Now I finally got time and determination to learn more of using it to make something wort of sharing. I have now been playing and experimenting with Blender about couple of weeks and I already have bigger project in my mind. Continue reading
This gallery contains 5 photos.
I “found” some old DELL PowerEdge 2850 rack servers. 2x 3.2Ghz intel xeon (P4 generation), 8GB memory, and bunch of 146GB and 74GB SCSI HDDs. I don’t have use for these yet, but maybe something comes up.
Apparently I’m not the only one that have had problems with a Arduino nano’s USB connection. Usually it works ok but sometimes, particularly when an external power input is used, a FTDI chip inside the Arduino does not want to be detected by computer. This is bug made by the original Arduino developers, and can be easily fixed afterwards if there is odd troubles with it. Continue reading
If you have been following me on twitter you may know that I have been working on a Geiger counter. As that project is starting to become complete I felt appropriate to start a blog post about it. So, how did I get the idea and carry it through the project? Read the story! Continue reading
This gallery contains 11 photos.
The XA1541 cable is adapter often used to connect C64s 1541 floppy drive to more modern PC equipment. It connects to PC parallel port, and special software bitbangs IEC commands and data to 1541 drive. Old 386 laptop is used … Continue reading
I dug out my old VFD display project. This time I got some text showing up and prototype ready to be even bolted in some enclosure. I started with sawing piece of from original display controller as I didn’t bother to make PCB to house VFD screen, and all needed IC:s and connections were already there. Removing piece from 2mm fiberglass board is not easy task when your only tools are couple of hobby knives. But sawing boards with hacksaw would have caused more nasty fiberglass mess. Continue reading